Bugs on a Log
Courtesy of USDA MyPlate
Kids and adults can create their own combinations of the ingredients for a fun and healthy snack activity.
- 1 celery stalk (Cut into 3 pieces) - "Log"
- Apple slices - "Log"
- carrot, raw, sliced into 3" pieces - "Log"
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, low fat - Spread
- 1 tablespoon raisins (regular or golden) - "Bug"
- unsweetened whole grain cereal - "Bug"
- peanuts, chopped - "Bug"
- Choose one "log" option, top with a spread and sprinkle with a "bug."
Nutrient analysis is based on using celery, low-fat cream cheese, and raisins.
Nutrition per serving (3" celery log with spread and bugs)
MyPlate Food Groups