Approved Drug Benefits
Maryland Physicians Care has a wide selection of approved drugs. The approved drug list includes generic prescription drugs and some brand-name drugs. Please consider a drug from the generic prescription drug list if it meets your patient’s medical needs.
- Preferred Drug List (PDF) (Updated 2021)
- Use the Formulary Search Tool through Express Scripts for real-time coverage information
- MPC Medical Benefit Drug Prior Authorization Request Process (Buy & Bill)
- Monthly Formulary Updates (PDF) (Updated 2021)
- Over-The-Counter Covered Medications (PDF)
- Behavioral Health Information
- Preferred Diabetic Pen Needle Coverage (PDF)
- Preferred Asthma Controller Medication List (PDF)
Eviti Transition for Select Medications
Effective October 04, 2021, MPC will be transitioning the review of select medications prescribed for the treatment of autoimmune disease to our vendor Eviti. Eviti will process prior authorization requests prescribed for the autoimmune medications listed below:
Prior authorization requests will be submitted to Eviti Connect® for Autoimmune Diseases via their web-based platform. To help in this transition, several training sessions have been scheduled in September and all staff responsible for autoimmune authorizations are encouraged to participate! The training dates and times are listed here:
- Tuesday 9/21/2021 at 11:00 AM ET
- Tuesday 9/21/2021 at 2:00 PM ET
- Wednesday 9/22/2021 at 1:00 PM ET
- Thursday 9/23/2021 at 11:00 AM ET
- Thursday 9/23/2021 at 2:00 PM ET
- Tuesday 9/28/2021 at 11:00 AM ET
- Tuesday 9/28/2021 at 2:00 PM ET
- Wednesday 9/29/2021 at 1:00 PM ET
- Thursday 9/30/2021 at 11:00 AM ET
- Thursday 9/30/2021 at 2:00 PM ET
- Tuesday 10/5/2021 at 11:00 AM ET
- Tuesday 10/5/2021 at 2:00 PM ET
- Wednesday 10/6/2021 at 1:00 PM ET
- Thursday 10/7/2021 at 11:00 AM ET
- Thursday 10/7/2021 at 2:00 PM ET
To register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which training session you wish to attend and the number of attendees from your office who will participate. Eviti will respond with details for that web training session – including a toll-free phone number and a link to the web portion of the conference. Support for Eviti can be reached at email@example.com or 888-482-8057 option #2.
Step Therapy Requirements
Medications that require Step Therapy (ST) require trial and failure of preferred formulary agents prior to their authorization. If the prerequisite medications have been filled within the specified time frame, the prescription will automatically process at the pharmacy. Prior Authorization will be required for prescriptions that do not process automatically at the pharmacy. Click on the Step Therapy Requirements Guide (PDF) to learn more.
HIV Carve-in Benefit Information
As of January 1, 2020, all HIV medications were carved in as a pharmacy benefit from Maryland Medicaid to be managed by Medicaid recipients’ individual Managed Care Organization (MCO).
For additional information on HIV medications and prior authorization forms, click here.
- HIV Drug Chart Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- HIV Carve-in Benefit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF)