MPC is dedicated to providing you and your families the most up-to-date information to protect you from COVID-19.
COVID-19 testing when ordered by your doctor is covered at no cost to MPC members. Call your doctor with any concerns or symptoms and your doctor will tell you next steps. Your doctor’s phone number is listed on your MPC Member ID card and on the secure member portal.
Many details about this disease are still unknown, such as treatment options, how the virus works, the total impact of the illness, and other factors.
What is the coronavirus?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a lung and airway infection, similar to the flu.
What are the symptoms?
Symptoms may include fever, cough, sore throat, and shortness of breath.
I may have symptoms. What do I do?
Stay calm. Contact your doctor or urgent care right away and tell them your symptoms. They will tell you what to do.
Maryland Physicians Care members also have free access to the free MyVirtyualMPC telemedicine app. The doctor will answer questions about symptoms and let you know if you should seek in-person care. MyVirtualMPC doctors are available 7 days a week, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Click here to download or sign up for MyVirtualMPC.
You can also call MPC from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday - Friday at 1-800-953-8854 if you need help finding a doctor.
Protect yourself and your community.
We all have a role to play in protecting our communities and families from the spread of coronavirus. You can also follow these tips to stop infection:
- Practice "social distancing."
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently. Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizing rub (must contain at least 60 percent alcohol).
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze by coughing/sneezing into your elbow.
- Throw away tissues in a wastebasket after use.
- Clean public surfaces thoroughly.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Get a flu vaccine. Click here for information about the flu.
For more information, please visit cdc.gov or click on one of the topics below for more help.
- CDC General Information on COVID-19
- WHO General Information on COVID-19
- CDC Information on Travel
- CDC Videos on COVID-19
- CDC Print Resources
- MDH Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)