Courtesy of USDA MyPlate
This simple recipe makes good use of canned salmon, or you can also use leftover salmon if you have some on-hand. Out of both? Try canned tuna!
- 1 2/3 cups cracker crumbs (coarse)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can canned salmon (15 oz can OR two 5 oz cans of tuna in water, drained)
- 2/3 cup lowfat milk
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- celery (1/2 cup chopped, optional)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Mixture will be moist.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat skillet. Drop fish mixture onto the skillet using a 1/3 or 1/2 cup measuring cup. Brown on both sides.
*Dry bread crumbs, crushed unsweetened cereal, or uncooked oatmeal can be used instead of cracker crumbs.
Nutrition per serving
MyPlate Food Groups
2 1/2 ounces