Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Courtesy of USDA MyPlate
Roasting Brussels sprouts creates a warm, flavorful, and versatile vegetable dish. This recipe is simple and does not require many ingredients.
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and trim Brussels sprouts. Cut large Brussels sprouts in half from top to bottom; leave small Brussels sprouts whole.
- In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Lining the baking sheet with foil or baking parchment will help with clean-up.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring once after 10 to 15 minutes. Sprouts should be tender and browned.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with lemon juice.
Try adding other seasonings with the lemon juice such as red pepper flakes or parmesan cheese.
Nutrition per serving (1 cup)
MyPlate Food Groups