Four Things to Consider When Choosing Your Medicaid Plan
- Can you chat with a local doctor from anywhere 7 days a week?
With MPC, you can chat with a local doctor from anywhere using your phone, tablet, or computer, and it’s FREE!
- Are the health care providers you prefer included in the plan’s network?
MPC has a strong, statewide network of health care providers and specialists.
- Is the hospital you prefer included in the plan’s network?
MPC is owned by providers who live and work in Maryland.
- Are your prescriptions free with the plan?
With MPC, all pharmacy prescriptions are FREE!
Medicaid/MCHP recipients in the HealthChoice program have three opportunities to switch MCOs:
- Within the first 90 days of enrolling in Medicaid/MCHP
- After being enrolled in your current MCO for at least 12 months
- When there is an approved reason to change
Approved Reasons to Change MCOs
- If you move to another county where your current MCO does not offer care
- If you become homeless and find that there is another MCO closer to where you live or have shelter, which would make getting to appointments easier
- If you or any of your family has a doctor in a different MCO and the adult member wishes to keep all family members together in the same MCO. (This does not apply to newborns, newborns must remain in the MCO that the mother was in at the time of delivery for the first 90 days.)
- If you have a foster child placed in your home and you or your family members receive care by a doctor in a different MCO than the foster child, the foster child being placed can switch to the foster family’s MCO.
- If the MCO terminates your PCP contract for reasons other than listed below, then you will be notified by the state.
- Your MCO has been purchased by another MCO;
- The provider and the MCO cannot agree on a contract for certain financial reasons; or
- Quality of care.
Do you need help switching MCOs? MPC can help!
- Call Maryland Health Connection at 1-855-642-8572; or
- Complete the form you received in your enrollment toolkit and mail in.
HealthChoice is a program of the Maryland Department of Health.