MyVirtualMPC is a safe way to chat with a physician 7 days a week between 9am and 9pm, even on holidays. The service is available at no extra cost to members of Maryland Physicians Care.
Access to MyVirtualMPC will start on the first of the month following your enrollment as a member of Maryland Physicians Care.
Once you are registered, MyVirtualMPC can be used from anywhere.
It might seem like the only option to get help on the weekend or after hours is urgent care or the ER, but MyVirtualMPC gives you access to a doctor in minutes, 7 days a week. And you can do it all from the comfort of your home through your smart phone or computer.
- MyVirtualMPC is safe and available at no extra cost to members of Maryland Physicians Care
- Doctors are local and U.S. board certified in emergency medicine
- You don't have to make an appointment ahead of time
- You can have a video visit right from where you are, no transportation needed
- There are no long wait times--you get answers, diagnosis, and treatment within minutes
- Care is available for free from 9am to 9pm, 365 days a year
To activate your MyVirtualMPC account, you must be a member of Maryland Physicians Care.
- Download the app from the app store or go to www.myvirtualmpc.com to register.
- Register with your e-mail address and Medicaid ID number (located on your MPC card).
- Click the link in your confirmation e-mail to verify your e-mail address, and you're ready to go! Once you're logged in, you’ll be asked to answer a few brief questions about your medical history.
Once your account is activated, you can access MyVirtualMPC through your computer, smart phone, or tablet.
From a computer - you'll need access to the internet, MyVirtualMPC recommends using Google Chrome as a web browser to ensure the best quality service. If you want to be able to have video chats, your computer will need to have a microphone and webcam.
From a smart phone - you'll need to download the MyVirtualMPC app from either the App Store or Google Play Store.
MyVirtualMPC is available at no extra cost to members of Maryland Physicians Care.
If you're considering a trip to the ER or urgent care, or just aren't sure if you need to see a doctor, MyVirtualMPC is available even when your primary care doctor isn't.
MyVirtualMPC can provide diagnosis and treatment, including prescriptions as needed, for a wide range of conditions including, but not limited to:
- Pulmonary: Upper respiratory tract symptoms, common cold & flu symptoms
- Musculoskeletal: Sprains, strains and contusions
- Dermatology: Bug bites, rashes
- Minor Injuries: Cuts, abrasions and other common injuries
- Genitourinary: Isolated urinary symptoms
- Gastrointestinal: Isolated nausea
- Ophthalmology: Red, itchy eyes
- ENT: sinus, allergies, pediatric ear pain.
Most video visits take approximately 10-15 minutes on MyVirtualMPC, but if the doctor thinks they need more time, they can extend the visit.
Yes. Doctors have the ability to write prescriptions for patients if they feel that is the best treatment for your symptoms. If a prescription is written, it will be sent directly to your pharmacy to pick up.
To better diagnose and treat you, your doctor might recommend tests or lab work be completed. If this is the case, they'll refer you to a lab or doctor's office where you can have those tests completed.
Doctors staffing the MyVirtualMPC platform are local physicians licensed to practice medicine in Maryland. All have U.S. Board Certification in emergency medicine.
Yes, MyVirtualMPC is compliant with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and will only share your information with the physician, pharmacy, and referring physicians or labs and Maryland Physicians Care.
Yes. After you register for MyVirtualMPC, you will fill out your basic medical history, just like you would for a regular office visit. The doctors will have access to the information you supply.
When you use the platform, MyVirtualMPC maintains a complete record of your online visit, which is available to you for review, at your convenience. You can also share your visit record with anyone you wish to, such as your primary care provider.
If you are a new member to Maryland Physicians Care, you may not have access to MyVirtualMPC until the first of the month following your enrollment, so check back then.
If you believe you should have access to the program, please contact the Member Services Team at 1-800-953-8854 with questions.
Please visit https://myvirtualmpc.com/faqs for information on technical requirements. You can also contact tech support using the pop up widget on the bottom of the MyVirtualMPC registration page. Make sure cookies are enabled.