Black Bean Burgers
tiempo de cook
Courtesy of USDA MyPlate
Black beans and cooked rice are used as the base of these delicious burgers. Flavored with scallions, garlic and spices, these are sure to please the whole family.
- 1 can 15.5 ounce low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed with cold water)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 scallions (green and white minced about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (or basil leaves or a combination)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano or basil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- Add beans to a bowl and mash with a fork until chunky. Add the egg and mix well.
- Add precooked rice, scallions, garlic and oregano, salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions and form each portion into a patty about ¾ to 1 inch thick.
- Place a large skillet on the stove on high heat. When the skillet is hot, add oil. Add burgers and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side until browned on both sides and heated throughout. Place on a whole wheat bun.
Información Nutricional por porción
MiPlato Grupos de Alimentos