Beef & Vegetable Soup
Courtesy of USDA MyPlate
Did you know that people who frequently eat canned foods may have healthier diets than people who don’t? So when you’re looking for a wholesome, delicious meal, look no further than this Beef and Vegetable Soup, featuring canned beef broth, carrots, green beans and stewed tomatoes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can low sodium beef broth (14.5-ounce can)
- 1 can sliced carrots, drained (14.5-ounce can)
- 1 can no salt added cut green beans (14.5-ounce can)
- 1 can no salt added stewed tomatoes (14.5-ounce can)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup cooked egg noodles
- In 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, in hot oil, cook ground beef until well browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
- With slotted spoon, remove beef to bowl. In drippings remaining in saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and garlic until tender-crisp.
- Add beef broth, carrots, green beans, stewed tomatoes, basil and ground beef; over high heat, heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooked egg noodles.
Información Nutricional por porción (1 cup)
MiPlato Grupos de Alimentos
1 1/4 cups