What is HEDIS®?
HEDIS® is a tool to measure heath plans’ performance.
What does HEDIS® stand for?
What does it measure?
Health plans’ performance during the prior calendar year. HEDIS® measures are reported annually for the following areas:
- Effectiveness of Care assesses the delivery of preventive services and services related to chronic disease (e.g., mammography screening, dilated retinal exam).
- Access/Availability of Care assesses the availability of health care to plan members.
- Satisfaction with the Experience of Care measures member satisfaction.
- Healthcare Plan Stability assesses practitioner turnover and total membership.
- Use of Service addresses utilization measures, such as discharge rates and average length of stay.
- Healthcare Plan Description Information addresses how the health plan is organized and the number and types of participating physicians.
- Cost of Care
- Informed health care choices
For more information about HEDIS, please call 1-800-953-8854.